Profile of Coll Electrical
Background & Experience
Pat Coll started the company from his home in 1985. Offering customized service and value, the company was able to expand rapidly.
Today Coll Electrical has 60 staff and its own purpose designed premises in Penrose. It has built its track record over a number of projects, many of them noticeable in the Auckland community.
The company has been involved in infrastructure and streetlighting projects (including Onehunga, Ellerslie and Howick mainstreets), floodlighting projects, schooling, hospitals, commercial installations, design/construction projects and lamp fitting/supply and replacement.
To view a wider sample of our projects please click here
Coll Electrical undertakes a variety of Electrical Contracting work , these include commercial & infrastructure projects. We also run a service department.
• 70 staff, including 8 administrative and 62 operational.
• A Director who is a former National President of ECANZ (Electrical Contractors’ Association of NZ) and past Chairman of the Board of an Electrical Training Company.
• Access equipment including several truck mounted cherry pickers, scissor lifts, man lifts & scaffolding.
• Infrastructure equipment including excavators, tip trucks & cranage
• 30 late model vans, fully equipped for both electrical contracting & servicing work
• Intellectual property including Coll Electrical Quality Management System (CEQMS), previous traffic management plans (Onehunga, Ellerslie and Howick mainstreets, Karangahape Road).
• Street lighting programmed replacement documentation. • Streetlighting programmed inspections documentation.
The company is 100% locally (NZ) owned and operated. It has had continuity of management and shareholders since 1985. It is debt free and owns its own premises.
ECANZ (Electrical Contractors Association of New Zealand)
Investing in People Programme
Coll Electrical is committed to ongoing upskilling and staff training. The company currently has 20 apprentices. We have trained over 125 apprentices to date.
Coll Electrical offers the Gateways Programme. Gateways is a programme which allows students to study and gain assessed work experience in a selected industry such as the electrical industry.